Saturday, July 14, 2012

Boys Night In, Girls Night Out

Matt and Zeke, home to fend for themselves!

Had a fun night out last night, but my nights out are way different than they used to be!  I went with my best friend from high school, Karin, for pedicures .  We were both severely overdue for some TLC - she's the mom of a two year old boy who rarely (if ever) gets downtime.  It was nice to have a conversation without being interrupted by crying (Zeke), or pulling and running around (her son Kai) which is typical of most of our time together these days. What's funny is that even though we didn't have all the normal interruptions, we still couldn't stay on a single topic, or even sometimes finish a sentence or thought!  Kids do that to mom-brains! 
So, I left the house around 4 pm and it wasn't even 3 hours later that I was already missing my boys.  : )  When I did get home around 8:30 pm, Matt made sure to rub it in that he got a number of things done, including traveling to the Sanford pet store and back, all with Zeke in tow.  So I guess he wanted a standing ovation from me for that?  ; )  Easier to sprint than run a marathon, I say!  Since he seems able to handle it, I guess I'll make sure to get out of the house for a break every so often!  Aren't they cute buddies, though - Matt and Zeke?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Dad and Zeke are cute together....Let Matt practice taking care of him more often. You certainly need a break once in a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure I will! : ) And I'll tell him his mom said so! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW so cute!!!
    I am really gald you had some time for yourself.
    It's so important to refuel.

    ReplyDelete